Smart landscaping and irrigation for your business
Landscaping of commercial and business properties shares the same principles as any garden. Data from research and consultation found that the majority of water savings for organisations relate to irrigation scheduling and over watering, costing organisations thousands of dollars.
Living Water Smart offers Darwin businesses advice and rebates to help you save water and ultimately, money off your bottom line - so you can concentrate on getting on with business!
Have you thought about installing smart irrigation controllers?
Smart irrigation controllers can save business up to 10-15% on an already efficient irrigation schedule. These extra water savings are possible as smart controllers automatically adjust irrigation watering based on local weather conditions. Rather than just turning the system on for the Dry and off for the Wet, smart controllers also reduce irrigation over the shoulder seasons. They can even delay irrigation events if rain is forecast!
What's more, this automated process can save money through reduced labour costs involved with seasonally adjusting irrigation. This is particularly useful in the Top End where we can receive significant rainfall in the shoulder periods, between the Wet and the Dry.
Living Water Smart have also made it easier for you to ensure your plants only get the water they need through a Garden Watering Planner with tools for efficient irrigation techniques and watering schedules for all common plants found in the Darwin region.
Rebates and assistance:
Water Use Health Check:
Any commercial operation, business, government or not for profit organisation in the Darwin region is eligible for a free Water Use Health Check with Living Water Smart. It includes:
- An analysis of your water use in real time.
- A breakdown of your water use by key areas in your business including irrigation, leaks and general use.
- A quantified weekly cost for each water use area.
- Easy actions to help you save. We’ll also let you know if you’re eligible for any Living Water Smart rebates.
Living Water Smart also offers businesses a Garden Tune Up rebate where local expert irrigators come to your business to provide a free irrigation audit and water efficient gardening advice, including up to $50 of on-the-spot minor repairs - so you have the same great garden using less water and can concentrate on getting on with business!
Garden Tune Up:
- A seasonal water smart irrigation schedule for your garden, including run times and days per week etc. The irrigator will also set the program for you.
- A review of your irrigation equipment and on-the-spot minor repairs up to the value of $50.
- Other general advice on water efficient gardening, such as plant types, plant zoning and water requirements, garden design, fertilisers, local soil types and mulches.
- Recommendations about smart controllers and other technologies to further improve your garden irrigation and efficiency.
Garden Tune Ups are available to the residential, commercial and government sectors with the following eligibility conditions:
- You must have a working, programmable irrigation system or controller already in place.
- Your property must be connected to the mains water supply in the Darwin region.
- You must be able to access your property's water meter.