Get your free Garden Tune Up rebate
Wish you had the time to make your garden more water efficient?
On average, 57% of household water use in Darwin is on lawns and gardens. If you have a garden at your business, it could be similar. So if you want to save money and be water efficient, your irrigation is the best place to start.
- A seasonal water smart irrigation schedule for your garden, including run times and days per week etc. The irrigator will also set the program for you.
- A review of your irrigation equipment and on-the-spot minor repairs up to the value of $50.
- Other general advice on water efficient gardening, such as plant types, plant zoning and water requirements, garden design, fertilisers, local soil types and mulches.
- Recommendations about smart controllers and other technologies to further improve your garden irrigation and efficiency.
Garden Tune Ups are available to the residential, commercial and government sectors with the following eligibility conditions:
- You must have a working, programmable irrigation system or controller already in place.
- Your property must be connected to the mains water supply in the Darwin region.
- You must be able to access your property's water meter.
Will I need to pay anything?
The Garden Tune Up covers the irrigator’s call out fee and the costs associated with the services listed above (consultation, review and adjustment of your system, and expert advice). It also includes up to $50 worth of on-the-spot minor repairs. You don’t even need to ask to be reimbursed as the irrigator will invoice Living Water Smart directly.
If the irrigator detects a larger issue, they will discuss this with you, provide a quote and you will be responsible for the additional costs depending whether or not you would like to proceed.
I’m interested in the Garden Tune Up. What do I need to do?
You can book a Garden Tune Up rebate direct with one of our registered irrigation suppliers at a time that suits you. You will be required to be in attendance onsite during the Garden Tune Up, and to complete and sign our customer registration form.
For more information, visit our frequently asked questions.