Get your free Garden Tune Up rebate
The Garden Tune Up program will be finishing at the end of August. Thank you to all our water savers and irrigators for living water smart and making the program a success!
On average, 57% of household water use in Darwin is on lawns and gardens. If you have a garden at your business, it could be similar. So if you want to save money and be water efficient, your irrigation is the best place to start.
Living Water Smart’s Garden Tune Up provides a free garden irrigation audit by one of our registered irrigation experts. It usually takes around one hour and includes:
- A seasonal water smart irrigation schedule for your garden, including run times and days per week etc. The irrigator will also set the program for you.
- A review of your irrigation equipment and on-the-spot minor repairs up to the value of $50.
- Other general advice on water efficient gardening, such as plant types, plant zoning and water requirements, garden design, fertilisers, local soil types and mulches.
- Recommendations about smart controllers and other technologies to further improve your garden irrigation and efficiency.
Garden Tune Ups are available to the residential, commercial and government sectors with the following eligibility conditions:
- You must have a working, programmable irrigation system or controller already in place.
- Your property must be connected to the mains water supply in the Darwin region.
- You must be able to access your property's water meter, which must be in working order.
- You are eligible for one rebate per property, each financial year.
If you’re a renter you can still access the rebate. Just talk to your landlord or property manager and let them know to get more information at www.livingwatersmart.com.au/.
Will I need to pay anything?
The Garden Tune Up covers the irrigator's call out fee and the costs associated with the services listed above (consultation, review and adjustment of your system, and expert advice). It also includes. up to $50 worth of on-the-spot minor repairs. You don't even need to ask to be reimbursed as the irrigator will invoice Living Water Smart directly.
If the irrigator detects a larger issue, they will discuss this with you, provide a quote and you will be responsible for the additional costs depending whether or not you would like to proceed.
Living Water Smart
Irrigator's call out fee
Review and adjustment of customers irrigation system.
New irrigation schedule (invoiced to Living Water Smart)
Up to $50 of quick repairs (invoiced to Living Water Smart)
Larger issues and additional repair costs
Remains responsible for water bills
I’m interested in the Garden Tune Up. What do I need to do?
You can book a Garden Tune Up rebate direct with one of our registered irrigation suppliers at a time that suits you. You will be required to be in attendance onsite during the Garden Tune Up, and to complete and sign our customer registration form.
For more information, visit our frequently asked questions.
What can I do to save water in the garden if I am not eligible for a Garden Tune Up?
There's lots you can do! Here's a few tips and there's lots more as you explore this website:
- Follow the 3, 2, 1 guide to watering in the dry.
- Keep an eye on the Weather Web and adjust your water schedule if you suburb has had more than 30 mm of rain the last week.
- Walk the lines - turn your irrigation or sprinkler system on and check your sprinklers, hoses and pipes for leaks.
- Mulch is critical to your garden's success. It keeps the weeds down, your plant roots, decreases evaporation and provides important nutrients to your soil.
- Choose water efficient plants
- Consider investing in a standard automatic irrigation controller, or even better, a smart irrigation controller - it will save you time and money in the long run!