Get your $300-$500 Garden Tune Up Rebate
Wish you had the time to upgrade your garden to be water efficient? Let us do it for you.
On average, 57% of household water use in Darwin is on lawns and gardens. So if you want to save money and be water efficient, your irrigation is the best place to start.
- A seasonal water smart irrigation schedule for your garden, including run times and days per week etc. The irrigator will also set the program for you.
- A review of your irrigation equipment and on the spot minor repairs to the value of $50.
- Other general advice on water efficient gardening, such as plant types, plant zoning and water requirements, garden design, fertilisers, local soil types and mulches.
- Recommendations about smart controllers and other technologies to further improve your garden irrigation and efficiency.
Garden Tune Ups are available to the residential, commercial and government sectors with the following eligibility conditions:
- You must have a working, programmable irrigation system or controller already in place.
- You must be connected to the main Darwin region Power and Water water supply.
- You must be able to access your property's water meter.
Am I eligible for the $300 or the $500 rebate?
- You are eligible for the $300 rebate if your irrigation system has 1 - 12 stations.
- You are eligible for the $500 rebate if your irrigation system has 13 or more stations. The irrigator will spend additional time at your property.
Will I need to pay anything?
The Garden Tune Up covers the irrigator’s call out fee and the costs associated with the services listed above (consultation, review and adjustment of your system, and expert advice). It also includes up to $50 worth of minor repairs. You don’t even need to ask to be reimbursed as the irrigator will invoice Living Water Smart directly.
If the irrigator detects a larger issue, they will discuss this with you, provide a quote and you will be responsible for the additional costs depending whether or not you would like to proceed.
I’m interested in the Garden Tune Up. What do I need to do?
*Must be one of Living Water Smart’s registered irrigators to receive the rebate.
For more information, visit our frequently asked questions.