Supporting Government and local councils
Darwin’s outdoor lifestyle is a big draw-card for many residents, and hand in hand with that is the expectation that green spaces are well looked after and maintained. But keeping these public outdoor areas looking healthy and vibrant can be costly, especially in dry season when lawns and plants get thirsty.
To support NT Government agencies and local councils, Living Water Smart is providing Water Use Health Checks and Garden Tune Ups. The aim is to tune up irrigation systems in public areas making them more water efficient, identifying and fixing leaks and ultimately saving water and money.
What is available?
- A Water Use Health Check which includes:
- An analysis of your water use in real time
- A breakdown of your water use by key areas including irrigation, leaks and general use
- A quantified weekly cost for each water use area
- Easy actions to help you save.
- A Garden Tune Up which provides a free garden irrigation audit by one of our registered irrigation experts and includes:
- A seasonal water smart irrigation schedule
- A review of your irrigation equipment and on-the-spot minor repairs up to the value of $50.
- Other general advice on water efficient gardening, such as plant types, plant zoning and water requirements, garden design, fertilisers, local soil types and mulches.
- Recommendations about smart controllers and other technologies to further improve your irrigation and efficiency.
What are the benefits?
- Reduced water bills
- Manage and maintain high water using sites in the long term
- Improved knowledge of irrigation requirements for each site for current and new staff
- Build lasting water efficiency practices and behaviours within your organisation or agency
- Specialist advice from irrigation experts
- Site specific irrigation schedules for each location
- Find costly irrigation leaks
- Promotion of water saving initiatives to the community
- Enhanced community reputation through sustainable water use
I would like to organise a Garden Tune Up, what is the next step?
You can book a Garden Tune Up rebate direct with one of our registered irrigation suppliers at a time that suits you. You will be required to be in attendance onsite during the Garden Tune Up, and to complete and sign our customer registration form.