Receive free irrigation advice for more water efficient green spaces
Darwin’s outdoor lifestyle is a big drawcard for many residents, and hand in hand with that is the expectation that green spaces are well looked after and maintained. But keeping these public outdoor areas looking healthy and vibrant can be costly, especially in dry season when lawns and plants get thirsty.
To support NT Government agencies and local councils, Living Water Smart is providing free irrigation services and advice in partnership with our registered irrigation specialists. Our aim is to tune up irrigation systems in public areas, making them more water efficient, identifying and fixing leaks and ultimately saving water and money.
What is available?
- Green space irrigation assessments at sites such as community ovals, parks, green verges and median strips. The assessment is paid for by Living Water Smart and includes the use of smart metering technology to quantify water use.
- A comprehensive irrigation report outlining water use and water saving recommendations.
What are the benefits?
- Reduced water bills
- Manage and maintain high water using sites in the long term
- Improved knowledge of irrigation requirements for each site for current and new staff
- Build lasting water efficiency practices and behaviours within your organisation or agency
- Specialist advice from green space irrigation experts
- Site specific irrigation schedules for each location
- Find costly irrigation leaks
- Promotion of water saving initiatives to the community
- Enhanced community reputation through sustainable water use
I would like a green space irrigation assessment, what is the next step?
To be eligible for Living Water Smart’s green space irrigation assessment rebate, you must contact us before arranging an appointment with an irrigator. Call or email and we can talk through the process.