Build lasting water efficiency practices
A great outdoor lifestyle is one of the key attractions for many residents to live and work in Darwin, whether it be a game on a sporting oval, relaxing at a picnic in the park, or enjoying tropical flora that lines the City's streets and roads.
A community expectation to see green spaces looking lush and healthy can be costly, especially in dry season when a lot of water is required.
Living Water Smart is offering NT Government agencies and councils an opportunity to work together to better understand and optimise your irrigation system performance, identify and fix leaks and save money.
What is available?
- Green space irrigation assessments at sites such as community ovals, parks, green verges and median strips. The assessments are carried out by a Living Water Smart registered irrigator as part of our Garden Tune Up Rebate.
The Garden Tune Up includes:
- An in-garden consultation by a registered irrigation specialist who will provide a seasonal water smart irrigation schedule for the garden, including run times and days per week. The irrigator will also set the program for you.
- A review of your irrigation equipment and on-the-spot minor repairs up to the value of $50.
- Other general advice on water efficient gardening, such as plant types, plant zoning and water requirements, garden design, fertilisers, local soil types and mulches.
- Recommendations about smart controllers and other technologies to further improve your garden irrigation and efficiency.
What are the benefits?
- Improved irrigation performance
- Reduced water use - and therefore reduced water bills
- Manage and maintain high water using sites in the long term
- Improved knowledge of irrigation requirements for each site for current and new staff
- Build lasting water efficiency practices and behaviours within your organisation or agency
- Specialist advice from green space irrigation experts
- Site specific irrigation schedules for each location
- Find costly irrigation leaks
- Promotion of water saving initiatives to the community
- Enhanced community reputation through sustainable water use
If you would like to take advantage of the Garden Tune Up rebate you can book direct with one of our registered irrigation suppliers at a time that suits you, or give us a call and we can talk through the process.